The Singapore Governance and Transparency Index (SGTI) is the leading index for assessing corporate governance practices of Singapore-listed companies. Sustainable governance is an integral component in a modern business landscape where proactive stakeholders demand greater transparency and accountability for the integrity of companies.
With the changes to the Singapore Exchange listing rules in 2011, revision of the Singapore Code of Corporate Governance in 2012 and amendment of the Singapore Companies Act in 2014, there have been significant changes to the corporate governance regulatory landscape. A collaboration between CPA Australia, NUS Business School's Centre for Governance, Institutions and Organisations (CGIO), and Singapore Institute of Directors (SID), the SGTI succeeded the Governance and Transparency Index (GTI™) in 2016 as an enhanced assessment to meet the market needs of the future.
SGTI RANKING RESULTS and METHODOLOGY 2017
SGTI RANKING RESULTS 2016
The SGTI advisory panel comprises of prominent corprate personalities that advises CGIO on the index methodology
- Mr Loh Hoon Sun, Managing Director, Phillip Securities Pte Ltd
- Mr Low Weng Keong, Past Global President and Chairman of the Board, CPA Australia
- Mr Chaly Mah, Chairman (Retired), Deloitte Singapore
- Mr Alvin Tay, Managing Editor, English/Malay/Tamil Media (EMTM) Group, Singapore Press Holdings
- Mrs Stefanie Yuen Thio, Joint Managing Director, TSMP Law Corporation