TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY SITE
- 1)You (or “Employers”) are now on the NUS Business School Symplicity site, owned and managed by the National University of Singapore Business School’s Career Services.
- 2)Employers must treat the information on NUS Business School Symplicity site (https://nusbiz-csm.symplicity.com/employers/) as private and confidential, to be used solely for the purpose of recruitment of the specified jobs advertised by you.
- 3)Employers must comply with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 when Employers collect, use or disclose and process personal data of individuals. Employers agree that when dealing with personal data, it shall:
- a)Only use personal data for legitimate recruitment purpose only, in accordance with the terms and conditions herein;
- b)Protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing;
- c)Give NUS notice in writing as soon as reasonably practicable should it be aware of, or reasonably suspect, that any of the events referred to in Clause 3(b) has occurred and shall use its best efforts and render its full cooperation to NUS in remedying the event and preventing its re-occurrence;
- d)Not retain personal data for any longer than is necessary for the permitted purpose;
- e)Limit disclosure of such personal data to its employees on a need to know basis and only for the permitted purpose; and
- f)not to disclose or transfer any personal data to any third party (whether situated in Singapore or otherwise) without the prior written approval of NUS and consent of that individual to which personal data relates, which may contain additional terms and conditions to govern such a disclosure or transfer.
- 4)Employer undertakes to indemnify NUS against all losses, damages, costs, claims and liabilities (including full legal costs) which may be suffered or incurred by NUS or asserted against NUS by any person, party or entity, in respect of any matter or event arising out of or in respect of any breach of any of the provisions in clause 3.
- 5)Employers are liable for any misuse of student and alumni information on the NUS Business School Symplicity.
Registration and Access Request
- 6)The Business School Career Services endeavours to approve as many employer registration as possible with the intern of sharing employment opportunities with students.
- 7)However, we also seek your understanding that we may need to be selective in the type of companies and industries that are represented on our job portal.
- 8)The Business School Career Services reserves the right to not approve company registration which in our opinion are not suitable to advertise through NUS Business School Symplicity in the best interests of our students and graduates; e.g. companies which:
Use Rights and Related Terms
- (a)Upon successful registration, Employers undertake and agree to comply fully with these TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF NUS Business School Symplicity site. In consideration of your acceptance of the terms and conditions, NUS Business School will provide you with a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to use the NUS Business School Symplicity site for the permitted purpose only. Except for this limited permission granted herein, NUS Business School does not grant to you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- (b) You must only use the NUS Business School Symplicity site for legitimate recruitment purpose and in compliance with all applicable laws in any jurisdictions from which you are assessing and using NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY SITE. You undertake not to use the NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY SITE for or to carry out any activity that is prohibited under the laws of Singapore and/or under any other applicable law.
- (c) NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY is maintained by NUS. All rights, title and interest in NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY related contents and materials are owned by, licensed to or controlled by NUS. You acknowledge that any and all copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights subsisting in or used in connection with the data and the NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY are the property of NUS or the respective data owners/licensors.
- (d) NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY including data and contents within are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the extent permitted by law, NUS disclaims all warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. NUS does not warrant that the NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY including data and contents will meet your requirements or that NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY including data and contents will be available at all times uninterrupted, secure, accurate or error free. NUS does not control Internet transmission and provides no warranty over security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Any data transmitted by you through NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY including data and contents are transmitted at your own risk.
- (e)To the extent permitted by law, NUS excludes all liability for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental or special loss of any kind (including loss of profits or revenue, or loss of or damage to any data), whether arising from breach of contract, tort (including defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights) or otherwise arising out of the use of NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY, whether or not notified of such damages or loss arising. In no event shall NUS be held liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by you or any persons for any cause whatsoever exceed the sum paid by you to NUS for access and use of NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY. If you access and use the NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY at no charge, NUS is not liable to you for any amounts whatsoever.
- (f)You undertake to indemnify and hold harmless NUS at all times against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained or incurred by NUS directly or indirectly in connection with, your access to and/or use of the NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY SITE, or any materials, derivative works (including maps, overlays or images) produced by you derived from NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY, or any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- (g)Your rights granted by NUS to use NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY shall terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any provision of these terms and conditions. NUS may terminate your access and use of NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY at any time without providing any reasons whatsoever. Upon termination, you shall immediately cease to use or access NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY. The terms and conditions so intended to survive after the termination shall survive beyond termination.
- (h)These terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. These terms and conditions shall not be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act by a person who is not a party to it.
- (i)Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as a partnership between NUS and you nor constitute the appointment of NUS as your partner or agent. For the avoidance of doubt, NUS merely facilitates this NUS Business School Symplicity site platform for education related purposes and NUS is not in the business of an employment agency and nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as such.
Job/Internship vacancy advertising policy
- 9)NUS Business School Career Services aims to circulate vacancies and other job/internship opportunities with a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
- 10)As a Recruiter, you should:
- a)Provide comprehensive, complete and accurate information concerning the vacancy, failing which, your submission may be rejected.
- b)Provide us with at least two weeks of notice prior to your closing date.
- 11)We reserve the right to edit advertisements for purposes of:
- a)Accuracy, brevity and clarity.
- b)Manpower legislation, where the Career Services has a legal responsibility not to advertise vacancies that may be construed as discriminatory.
- 12)NUS Business School Career Services reserves the right not to advertise vacancies or voluntary opportunities which in our opinion are not suitable for advertising through the NUS Business School Symplicity, or which we feel are not in the best interests of our students and graduates e.g. vacancies which:
- a.Have company information that are incomplete, e.g. the nature of company, missing address.
- b.Have misleading, incomplete, brief or inaccurate job descriptions.
- c.Require an up-front financial investment by the student/graduate, e.g. franchises.
- d.Are jobs unsuitable for our students’ learning or exposure.
- e.Proprietary trading companies requiring graduates to pay desk fees.
- f.Are connected with a pyramid, multi-level marketing or similar style selling scheme.
- g.Represent an undue health and/or safety risk to the student/graduate.
- h.Involve students writing or sharing academically related material for use by other students or by the Company.
- i.Are commission-only sales/marketing roles.
- j.Promote or endorse illegal activity.
- k.Pay 'in kind' rather than being salaried, e.g. tickets to shows, vouchers, meals.
Job and Internship Offers
- 13)Companies are expected to provide students with sufficient time to decide whether to accept or reject an employment offer. This will enable students to carefully consider the offer.
- 14)In addition, it is improper for Companies to impose undue pressure on students regarding acceptance of job or internship offers, including pressure on the student to revoke their acceptance of a job or internship offer from another company.
- 15)When students are given sufficient time to gather thorough information related to all available job or internship opportunities, they will feel more secure in their choices after they have analysed all the information available to them, and are more likely to make good long-term employment decisions and less likely to renege on job or internship acceptances.
- 16)Companies can feel more confident that students have accepted their offer with every intention of honouring their commitment.
- 17)The pressure to accept early makes it harder for NUS Business School Career Services to enforce our philosophy against reneging and can also damage the relationship with students, other recruiters and the University.
- 18)Please note all offer contracts must be between the company and the students, not National University of Singapore.
Headhunting/Recruitment Firms and Third Party Representatives
- 19)All Headhunting/Recruitment Firms and Third Party Representatives recruiting National University of Singapore students must adhere to these terms and conditions. They must ensure honesty, accuracy and respect for candidate confidentiality at all stages, including only providing confidential candidate data to the client with the candidate’s prior consent. The firm should only present the candidate to more than one client if the candidate has agreed to this.
- 20)Headhunting/Recruitment Firms and Third Party Representatives who charge students for services will not be permitted to use any services offered by the Career Services.
- 21)Headhunting/Recruitment Firms and Third Party Representatives who are newly established, do not have a strong track record or reputation will not be permitted to use any services offered by the Career Services.
Students’ right to privacy
- 22)Students deposit their resumes in NUS Business School Symplicity when applying to opportunities offered by your company and these resumes are made available to you. The resumes are for recruitment purposes only and not for any other purposes such as surveys, soliciting of sales, etc. Companies must keep the resume as a confidential document and must not forward it to other parties outside the University.
Consequences of Unacceptable Recruiting Practices
- 23)Employers who knowingly violate these terms and conditions may be denied access to future Recruiting programmes.
- 24)NUS Business School Career Services will evaluate each recruiting violation by the Employer on a case-by-case basis. Possible courses of action may include the following:
- a.Not granting access to recruiting through the NUS Business School Symplicity.
- b.Placing a company on probation or warning for a period of time.
- c.Prohibiting a company from recruiting at NUS for a period of time.
NUS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Amendments take effect immediately upon NUS posting it in NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY website. It is your responsibility to check for any amendments before using NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY. By continuing to access or use the NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL SYMPLICITY website, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.