CFA Singapore- University Investment Research Competition
The CFA Singapore - University Investment Research Competition (UIRC) is held to promote the practice of professional investment research among university students in Singapore. The UIRC will showcase outstanding investment research reports conducted by full time undergraduate and MBA students of the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, SIM University and Singapore Management University, S.P. Jain Singapore. Judges consists of experts from the investment profession, major corporations and professors.
• Teams comprising NUS students (3-5 members) are eligible
• Preference given to those in the Business School Finance Specialization. The team as a whole should have domain knowledge in Financial Statement Analysis, Corporate Finance and Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, besides excellent communication skills
• At least one student should have strong accounting background, understand consolidated statements and would be good if he or she knows the latest accounting standards
• Students should complete the “Ethical Standard for Investment Professionals: An interactive Case-Based Course” interactive webcast on the CFA Institute webpage.
• Students should not be CFA charter holders or past participants of the local challenge in any country (past participants who did not emerge as winner or runner up teams representing NUS in the local challenge may still apply)
• Students should be currently enrolled in a NUS undergraduate or graduate program at the end of Semester 1. If the Team Member has graduated by Semester 1, the Team Member may still participate in the competition.
• Students should not be employed in a role whose primary duty involves fundamental company analysis, unless the team member was an intern and the cumulative time the primary duty involved fundamental company analysis was less than 6 months.
• Those who sign up to form teams MUST commit to attend all related training.